Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 57 At Sea toward Hong Kong

Well another day at sea. This means strictly a shipboard routine. Now that we have been on this ship for so many days we are very adept at finding our way around and have developed our likes and dislikes. With the Internet being down for one day it certainly added to the usage today in the Internet cafe. All of the computers were full for a lot of the day. It just goes to show how dependant we are on the Internet and the technology. It was interesting to see the use of cell phones and computers in Viet Nam, Cambodia and Thailand. People who had everything they owned on the back of their motor bike had cell phones and computers were very common. What a leap from how they live to being able to explore the world and see how the rest live. I wonder what that does to their thought process. It certainly expands their world in a way I cannot imagine.
Tomorrow Hong Kong
Chris - A low front approaching - Well, a low front for me anyway...kind of a tropical depression...I'm leaving the tropical weather and headed to much cooler temperatures. It went from 88 yesterday to about 75 degrees today. Now to ME that's depressing! Don't suppose I'll get any tears from all you in the East, Midwest and Northwest, you're just happy it's not snowing! I look forward to Hong Kong tomorrow, even with the cooler weather. I'll be remembering all of you who were there with us before. I'll force myself to buy something at Stanley Market in your names.

0 comments: