Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 36 At Sea

Today was a sea day which is filled with a normal routine of activities. We ate at one of our alternative choice restaurants tonight and liked it very much. This was about all I could stomach after hearing bits and pieces of the Health Care summit at the White House.
Finally, I am a little nervous about Adelaide tomorrow only because we were told to move our clocks ahead one half hour tonight. Who ever does that? I am not sure it is ever 5 o'clock in Adelaide.
The sailing was very smooth today.
Tomorrow Adelaide.

Chris - "Feed Me" There are nine restaurants on this ship which includes a 24 hour buffet. Our meal plan was different than any other I've ever had before. We have "anytime dining" which means we can eat anytime between 5:30 - 8:30 at any of five restaurants. They all have a different theme and decor but they serve one signature dish and then the exact menu from the main dining rooms. The advantage is you don't make reservations and can eat at a different time and place than the night before. You don't get the "show" from the dining room waiters and you don't have to adhere to the dress code. All of which Paul particularly likes...as do I. And there is always the free ice cream. It has worked well for us and one restaurant serves chips every night!! Little know trivia fact: the ship uses 12,000 eggs a day. Consider that the Seabourn used 4,000 per day and had about 2300 less passengers...now that's a lot of sauces!!

The highlight today for me was when I was sitting at my exclusive spot at the back of the ship and was "buzzed" by a reconnaissance plane. It came fast and right at the ship buzzing but sides and then moving on. I was told it was Aussie immigration. It was jarring.

0 comments: